Bajaj Allianz launches Allianz Junior Football Camp 2010
Riding on the passion of the recently concluded FIFA World Cup, Bajaj Allianz launches the selection process for Allianz Junior Football Camp 2010 in India. Allianz, an official partner of FC Bayern Munich is hosting its second international football camp that will take place in Munich, Germany on October 13-17, 2010. During the camp, teenagers between the ages of 14-16 years would be given the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to practice with the FC Bayern Munich coaches on the club’s official training ground, attend a match at Allianz Arena and meet football stars from FC Bayern Munich, many of them who represented Germany in the FIFA World Cup.
Bajaj Allianz has launched the selection process for this unique initiative in India wherein 6 teenagers will be selected. This hunt will take place in over 50 cities including the football fanatic cities of Kolkata, Guwahati, Bhubaneswar, Gangtok, Cochin, Trivandrum and Goa amongst others.
The Camp will comprise of the following activities:
* Practice with FC Bayern coaches: At the training sessions, the coaches will guide the participants in practicing different skills such as target shooting, ball juggling, precise passing etc.
* Meet FC Bayern stars: After the training session, an opportunity to meet some FC Bayern stars like Franck RibÃ©ry, Arjen Robben, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Miroslav Klose and Thomas MÃ¼ller.
* Allianz Arena tour: A guided tour through the Allianz Arena, one of the most modern football stadiums in Germany
* FC Bayern match: Watch a match at the Allianz Arena
* Sightseeing tour: Besides football activities, participants will see some famous sights of Munich
* 5-on-5 tournament: On the last camp day, the youngsters will show what they have learned in a 5-on-5 tournament with mixed teams made up of all camp participants
The search for the participants will begin at the school level where 40,000 students will be targeted across 51 cities. The short-listed students selected from the schools will compete at city level and state level screenings to zero-down on the final 5 participants. The students will be tested on their football skills through matches or football-related activities by an eminent judge panel comprising of renowned Indian football players. One teenager will also be selected through an online contest which will invite contestants to share their passion for football through photographs.
The judges include renowned football players from across the country.
Bajaj Allianz has associated with Mohun Bagan Football Club to carry out the activity in East and North East India.
* Aloke Mukherjee (Ex India Player-Defender)
* Prasun Banerjee (Arjuna Awardee, Ex Indian Captain)
* Alvito D’Cunha (Current East Bengal, India Player Mid Fielder)
* C.C Jacob (Former Indian/Kerala Player/Retired Customs Asst Commissioner)
* K P Sethumadavan (Former Indian Goal Keeper/Sports Council Selector)
* Victor Manjila (Former Indian Player/Former Kerala Team Coach)
* Renji Jacob (Former Kerala Player and Former Coach)
* Thobiyas (Kerala Team Player/Trivandrum Dy. SP)
* Gopal Krishnan (Former Indian Player)
* Armand Colaco (Coach-Dempo Sports Club)
* Bruno Coutinho (Arjun Awardee and former Indian Player)
* Dominick Soares (Former Indian Player)
* Seby Rodrigues
Commenting on this initiative, Akshay Mehrotra, Head-Marketing, Bajaj Allianz says “Bajaj Allianz believes that the Allianz Junior Football Camp would give young kids in India an opportunity to live their passion for football and hone their skills for the game by interacting with some of the best players and coaches in the world.”
Anjan Kumar Mitra, Hon. General Secretary, Mohun Bagan Athletic Club says “It gives us great pride to be a part of this initiative as it serves as a platform to nurture and showcase young talent in the game of football in the country. The winners would also be given a chance to further groom their football skills at the Mohun Bagan SAIL Football Academy.”
Mr. T.S. Ireland, Principal, St. James School says, “This is a great opportunity for students of our school to interact with the best football talent in the world, if selected. The international exposure will go a long way in their future in football if they choose so.”
Other countries participating in the Junior Football Camp are Germany, Brazil, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Russia, South Korea and Hong Kong.
Bajaj Allianz has tied up with Big FM as the media partners for this event. For more information, log on to www.bajajallianz.com or follow the ‘Jiyo Befikar’ fanpage on Facebook or ‘Bajaj Allianz’ on Twitter.